Thursday, August 19, 2010

夏の残り日々 The Remaining Days of Summer

     Well here I am yet again writing another blog during another 終わらない季節 (Never ending season). I had two things to write about today, both of great importance. The first one involves an update about Bice. Three weeks ago Bice, a great composer that I'm a fan of, passed away quite unfortunately due to a heart attack. I wrote a blog post about her influence on my life shortly after I heard the news. Quite miraculously, the relatively obscure artist managed to compose as song called ご飯はおかず or (The side dishes are meals).

     This song was recently featured in the famous anime K-On!! as an insert song. Having watched the first season and pretty impressed with it, I was waiting to view the second season, but now that I found out about Bice's insert song, I am more excited than ever. The style of the song really fits the theme of the show, and reflects Bice's ever-carefree style of simplicity that she uses in her music.

     I'll post the insert song below, as well as a link to one of her last blog updates concerning the completion of this song.



Bice's blog post. I'll translate it: http://bice.jp/?p=352

That famous anime:

My apologies for not having written in a while. I've been feeling down because of the weather, but I take it you're all doing well? Recently I finished composing a song for a rather famous anime. The release is unknown as of now, but it's a really fun song. By the way, my iPad is still missing, and I'm feeling down because of that. It's scary--. But can it do Skype??? Maybe… the other day I stopped at Fukuoka city in a cafe off on the side for the first time in a while. It's possible I left my iPad there accidentally. Considering that time, I was in a bit of hurry and that could be the reason. Aw, I guess I really am such a careless person after all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment